Monday 5 May 2014

Nature's Glories

I've made this hanging for this month's Country View Challenge, 'Nature's Glories'.

I started with a scrap of procion dyed fabric - where a fern leaf had acted as a resist - and a piece of cardboard.  I added a bit of hand stitching  and a little using a machine, some stamped images, distress inks, a dab or two of gesso and an old photograph.  This is what happened.....





Here's a close up of Auntie Grace, Mrs Huckerby, Mrs Brentnall and Grandma Dexter stepping out for a day in Skegness.




 This is some of the hand stitching....




and this some done on my sewing machine - I really like the curl of wire near the zig zag stitch.



I used a leaves stamp by Dyan Reaveley 




and finally I added a small bunch of rusty keys.



It was great fun!




3 comments:

  1. What a lovely piece Sue! This is a brilliant photo, those ladies look so excited. Love all the stitching and old keys. Thanks so much for your visit and kind comment. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen! It's just lovely getting positive feedback. I knew all of those ladies and I need to tell you that Mrs Huckerby and Mrs Brentnall didn't do too much smiling. The photographer was lucky to catch them on a good day.

      Delete
  2. Hello Sue, I have just come over on the link from Country View Crafts where this piece caught my eye. It is stunning, I love the hand stitching and the cascade of leaves down the side of this very rustic looking hanging. Its a lovely photo too. Mo x

    ReplyDelete